Integrated Software Solutions for Yard Management, Distribution, and Manufacturing Operations
Yard Management Challenges When you have fast paced yard movements in your transportation areas, it is a daunting task to manage and track all of these in-bound and out-bound vessels. In addition, you will need instant inventory information to move vessels, accurate location information, precise carrier information, directed dock door assignments, and possibly security control-access information for drivers.
ASCTrac® Yard Management Solutions To solve this challenge, the ASCTrac® Yard Management System (YMS) can be deployed as a module for a single site or for an enterprise as a fully integrated add-on option to our ASCTrac® supply chain solution. Running on both desktops, tablets, and mobile units, this module can be deployed in many different methods giving you a lot of flexibility and portability.
Our YMS Module is fully integrated with our ASCTrac® WMS suite of products: all inbound receipts, all outbound shipments, Load Planning Module, Load Plan Visual Scheduler, Dock Door Scheduling, and Containerized Freight Tracking modules (CFT: for end-to-end tracking of shipments initiated overseas.) These modules fully integrate to your Purchase Orders for load deliveries, and to your Customer Orders for outbound shipments. Optionally, we can set link controls when used with manufacturing (i.e., automotive applications where JIT is critical and accidental full-trailer pull-outs are prevented.)
ASCTrac® Yard Management Module Features:
- Tracking of WMS Inventory in the yard, and tracking the vessels/trailers
- Managing min/max trailers and types in the yard, automatic event triggers for contacting your carriers to request more trailers, pickups, etc.
- Ability to maintain vessels as Assets, and show where they have been sent at any given time (i.e. "Where are my trucks?")
- Maintaining driver's licenses information for security with audits
- Closed or Open driver access control; know who is on property
- Supports system in full mobile mode for remote security gates
- Enterprise capable with our Enterprise product
- Tracking of entry and exit times/dates with comparison to appointment times/dates for carrier performance analysis
- Tracking of entry and exit times/dates with comparison to appointment times/dates for warehouse performance analysis - system is designed to get the drivers back on the road without delays due to warehouse personnel delays
The ASCTrac® YMS is flexible enough for use in trailer yards, ship harbors, and train yards. Security and Access control are the key ingredients of the system and all transactions are available for security audits.