Integrated Order Management Solutions for Distribution and Manufacturing Operations
Order Management Challenges: One of the most important items in a WMS tool is the ability to manage and plan orders in your fulfillment operations. If you are handling 5,000 or more orders a day, then an order management and planning tool is a requirement for your business. You may also require an order management tool if you are handling automated imports of outbound orders (EDI, XML, ASN, web based, etc) where you want the system to automatically process, evaluate, consolidate, or prioritize outbound orders based upon your business rules.
These business rules can be quite complicated as you may have different business rules for different clients and that could vary by products ordered or special rules for an individual order. In addition, if you are an enterprise class client, these business rules may vary by region and division of orders by site can be very tough.
Further, these rules may vary by load requirements or restrictions on the outbound logistics side. Or, you may have a large single order that has to be broken down and shipped by store or department level and that could equate to thousands of individual orders to manage with certain restrictions per store. In addition, business rules can be subject to inventory availability at the time the orders are received.
ASCTrac® Order Planning Solutions
Some of our clients are managing 70,000 + shipments a day per site, and some are shipping over 1.5 million packages a month. To orchestrate all of these order planning processes, ASC offers several different planning solutions to help automate these tasks:
- Order and Load Planning: basic version included in the ASCTrac® WMS
- Advanced Order Planning Module: optional module, more features
- Logistics Module: optional module, advanced load planning by route, area, etc.
- Automated order import business logic: can be tailored to your needs
- Automated work order generation: based upon orders imported, drives manufacturing for build-to-order
These planning solutions solve the complicated puzzle faced by warehouse managers and planners every day and they often do it without any human intervention. How would you like to see automated business rules applied to your volume of orders and then manage that volume in a totally hands-off approach?
The Advanced Order Planning Module also enhances our picking methods by adding external systems' zone controls. In addition, if you are a 3PL organization, these rules are expanded to support your 3PL clients.
Just a Few of the ASCTrac® Advanced Processing Methods:
The order planning solutions also fully integrate into the real-time inventory, all of the customer rules, and all of the picking methods to support:
- Pick Groups planning
- Pick Groups by order cubic size
- Automated Pick Group Assignments
- Zone Picking
- Batch Picking
- Wave Picking
- Discrete Picking
- Pick and pass
- Tote Picking (containers too)
- Partial pallet case picking (pick ahead style)
- Reverse Load Plan Picking
- Consolidated Order Picking
- Route Based Picking
- Pallet, Case, Each planning
- 3PL Lot and Serial Picking
- 3PL Customer Pick Rules
- Customized Customer Pick Functions
- Order Planning based upon hourly Receipt of Goods
- Order and Load Planning based upon TMS Scheduling
- Pre-allocation of product assignments
- Multi-warehouse picking
- Multi-site load consolidation pick planning
- Automated Transfer Order pick generation
- Automated Manufacturing Order pick generation
- External systems picking (pick to light, voice, WCS conveyor systems, etc.)
...and more, including combinations of the above.
The ASC Order Management solutions do not stop at the planning stage, or even at the picking stage. It follows the orders all the way through the shipping process to insure that the whole order process is managed properly. Every client and every order can have additional shipping rules that will engage during this process to insure your clients' satisfaction with the order. You can even engage "last check rules" if you choose to do so.
When the ultimate goal is customer satisfaction, the tools you use for this process are very important.
We can solve your toughest Order Management Issues.