Plan And Ship More Orders; Efficiently And More Accurately
Managing large volumes of outbound customer orders can be difficult, complex, and even intimidating to some warehouse and distribution managers.
The ASCTrac® Order Planning and Shipping processes automate many of these complex processes using built-in and configurable planning logic based upon your business rules.
You define the logic - from the simplest of planning parameters (single order, waves, batches, pick-and pass, consolidated orders, load plan optimization), to more sophisticated functions like picking to mixed item containers, containerized freight shipments, rules for EDI/ASN clients, event management, complex labeling for your trading partners, complex rules by client, 3PL client rules, and many more.
A few of the ASCTrac® WMS Order Planning and Shipping Module Features:
The ASCTrac® WMS base package includes the ability to manage the outbound order planning and shipping functions that you need for your manufacturing or distribution business. ASCTrac® WMS has the proven power to manage your complete supply chain order management with over twenty years of adding features to the base product. It includes built-in tools such as the following:
- Order planning for real time inventory (available to promise)
- Load planning (also, advanced Logistics module option)
- Consolidation of orders
- Scheduling requirements needed to pick and ship
- Real time order pick validation and visibility
- Staging the orders
- Loading the trailers
- Carrier management
- Trailer and dock door management
- Validation of outbound orders (by client rules)
- Preparing the shipment for specific client needs or priority handling
- Bill of Lading for shipment or order level (multi-version capable)
- Host ERP accounting interfaces to automate billing
- Event management for automatic notifications
A few of the ASCTrac® WMS Order Planning and Shipping Benefits:
- Sales orders, work orders, or other picking requests can be downloaded from any host computer system to ASCTrac® WMS, or entered directly into ASCTrac® using built in order entry capabilities.
- All picking functions are real-time system directed for better operations and you can configure order picking to support priority level picking, skid/pallet picking, case/item picking, order/pick waves, replenishment picking, lot/serial number picking, emergency order picking, etc.
- Pre-staged, or direct-to-truck loading supported.
- Warehouse supervisors can schedule orders, order pickers, and dock doors using ASCTrac's built in scheduling features.
- ASCTrac® WMS supports picking of raw materials to fill production orders (based on a bill of materials) as well as issuing raw materials to staging areas, manufacturing work cells, or production lines.
- Finished goods putaway (by item number, lot number, zone, skid/pallet ID, etc.) and direct returns of all unused production materials are also supported. So is soft and hard allocation.
- Confirm pick/ship capabilities make certain that the correct order is scheduled, picked, loaded (in sequence if required), and shipped correctly.
- ASCTrac® Order Picking Module allows "locking down" and unlocking of orders once picking starts, as well as the opening, loading, unloading, closing, reopening, and shipping of trailers.
- Multiple trailers can be shipped per order, and host updates can be per your requirements.
- Bill of Lading reports, shipping labels, and standard shipping reports can be generated/printed.
- ASN compliance labels (any size or format) can be designed by you, generated, and printed - even from the mobile devices.
- Optional Parcel Shipping Module is available. Packing verification module is also available.
- ASCTrac® WMS supports multiple sites, and other user-configurable functions
- Helps achieve near 100% efficiency with directed functions
- Helps achieve near 100% inventory accuracy at all levels
- With your new found automation, you will have happier customers!