Pick and Handle Goods More Efficiently
Sometimes, a picking operator simply does not have enough time to put-down and then pick-up a hand scanner each time they need to pick an item.
An example might be in case-goods picking where it is difficult to pick up a case with both hands, and then at the same time, try to scan the case or pallet/location label. This is very difficult and time consuming if you have many cases per pallet to pick. And, over long periods of time, your total labor costs and efficiency become problems.
Therefore, voice picking has certain benefits when used where full "hands-on" picking is required.
ASC's Voice Solution:
We Built the Voice Solution Inside The Application:
ASC has created a complete integrated process for voice picking inside ASCTrac® WMS. No interfaces are required - it's all in one application, and real time. All of this at an amazingly low cost!
Because our Voice Solution is designed inside the ASCTrac® WMS application, all directed picking is real time, extremely fast, and follows all of the flexible picking rules you have setup by item, customer, 3PL, etc. Therefore, our fully integrated voice system solves many issues with external voice picking systems:
- Does not require any special servers to buy and support,
- Does not need external interfaces to stand-alone voice systems to buy and support,
- Does not need expensive dedicated voice servers to buy and support,
- Does not need middleware to buy and support,
- Does not need external professional services from multiple companies to implement,
- Does not need internal IT resources to support separate systems and interfaces,
- And, it runs on the same ASC wireless patented engine as all of our other enterprise mobile devices - which guarantees no “lost” transactions,
- Uses the same devices for scanning that are used for voice saving the costs on hardware.
Our integrated module means a lower cost and easier to implement. Using our integrated module creates a better pick process for items to be validated in real time, it is robust, easy to support, and provides the lowest total cost of ownership of any voice product in the industry. The ASCTrac® WMS Voice Picking Module simply makes good management sense when you need voice picking.
Just a Few of the ASCTrac® Voice Picking Benefits:
- Completely Integrated in the WMS: requires voice module & voice capable device
- Excellent for "hands free" picking, or for visually impaired workers
- Real time voice picking system as the operator performs the picks (not a "Batch" system)
- No expensive dedicated voice servers to buy or to support
- Eliminates multiple interfaces and the headaches of support with cumbersome data flows
- Allows use of scanning or voice on the same mobile device: unit not dedicated to one function
- Lowest total cost of ownership in the industry
- Best ROI of any voice system
- Helps achieve 100% inventory accuracy and efficiency
The ASC Voice Picking System Architecture
(real time data):
The Competitor’s Voice Picking Architecture
Challenges with the competitor voice picking systems:
- Cannot handle exceptions at the point of activity or deviation from “plan”
- Cannot scale from standard class to enterprise class in same wireless infrastructure
- Requires maintenance on pick rules in two systems
- Requires two company's interfaces or middleware
- Involves considerable implementation costs
- Has multiple points of failure (with data flow, or even ASCII files)
- Is "batch" driven (could be hours for actual turnaround time)
- May require up to three dedicated servers, with extra support for monitoring
- Is not real time (required in food/pharma)
Summary: ASC solves these challenges of the complicated multi-vendor picking systems by fully integrating our Voice Picking System inside ASCTrac® WMS products. This eliminates the need for any special voice system servers, no interfaces, no middleware, AND a much better ROI for your business. However, if you already have a Voice Picking system, we might be able to interface to it to preserve your investment.